10.25.2010

Porch Reno

So this August/Semptember I decided it was WAY past due time to scrape all the old icky layers of peeling paint off of our front porch.... it looked really rough...needless to say, just check out this lovely pic...
There were MANY layers of paint which included: an orange, a blue, a gray and a yellowish white layer. It took me 30 or so hours of scraping. I tried all different methods, and got several opinions on the "best" way to get it all off. When it came down to it...muscle and patience are what FINALLY got it done! My right arm is now much stronger.; ) Once I got it all off there was still paint down in the cracks and there were LOTS of little cracks so I got this cement patch stuff, patched it all up, and let it dry. Then came the Epoxy paint. It was stinky, but it is supposed to last for 15 years...so it was worth it! 
I haven't taken any more pictures recently...this is right after I finished...but I just wanted to show you my brand new porch! I'll put more pics up later once I have some potted flowers or pumpkins. ; )
 P.S. You can also see the carolina jasmine has really grown alot since May. It's about 7 feet now!!

4 comments:

René said...

Wow! It looks fantastic! I love your door color too.

-Rene

Erika said...

I love the new pic of the pups in the heading hahaha

Sarah Jenkins said...

Wow, great job! It looks fantastic.

kristen said...

i LOVE that!! love it!!