4.01.2010

House Projects

TV Cabinet....
What was once Knotty Pine and Chewed up by small puppies is now deliciously creamy white with unique little square golden knobs.
Bathroom Walls, Cabinetry and Mirrors...
Peach Wainscoting and Mint Green Walls get a fresh coat of paint,
along with the cabinetry, door, and trim.
Benjamin Moore's Palladian blue on the Walls and Ceiling and Antique White on the Woodwork.


Since we share a bathroom and the one little mirror above the sink is all we have, I thought a scattering of vintage mirrors on the same wall would be functional as well as fun!

Economical Art... : )

I'm trying to be a bit more contemporary in the Master Bedroom for Lucas' sake I think. I wanted something kind of fun and bold to be above the headboard that is going to be made by my fabulous hubbie...

I got three wooden frames from my favorite flea market that had a musty/retro vibe and gave them a slick new look with some black paint... While at the flea market I saw some vintage silhouettes in ornate little frames that I just loved, but since I'm trying to be a bit mod in this room I got the idea to print out black clip art silhouettes onto white card stock. I think they turned out pretty cute....

LIGHT...

Our 1940's wee lil casa is dimly lit and I was about to go insane with the lack of vision while I chopped my veggies and washed my dishes. Thankfully I've got Lukie who with his new found electrical knowledge can create more LIGHT! so exciting. Now I've got my pendant chandelier from RESTORE over the kitchen table and a recessed light over my sink. Life is better with LIGHT!

Please Pardon the dishes in the sink...I guess I could have put them away before the picture, but at least they are clean dishes! : )

haha... I just saw that there are a pair of heels sitting on the shelf in the background. I have a habit of taking of my shoes as soon as I get off work and putting them in the highest spot wherever I am (so the pups won't chew them up!)
So Blessed and Thankful!!!
"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with THANKFULNESS."
Col. 2:6-7

No comments: